P.O. Box 43132, Nairobi, Kenya.
Ground Floor, Britam Centre, Mara/Ragati Road Junction, Upper Hill
- +254 (0) 20 2716265, 2716266, 2737058
- +254 727 735252, +254 702 558233, +254 702 558234,+254 702 558453
Follow us on Twitter@MediaCouncilK and also like us on Facebook /MediaCouncilofKenya
Public Complaints Desk
At the Institute, a complaint is defined as:
“Any expression of dissatisfaction by a customer or potential customer about service delivery by the members of staff of the Institute or about any policy of the Institute.”
The Council is committed to consistent, fair and confidential complaint handling and to resolving complaints as quickly as possible. The Council aims at making it easy for the members of the public to make a complaint if they are dissatisfied and the Council shall treat all customers making a complaint equally.
The following is the procedure for handling complaints at the Institute:
- A complaint may be received either by telephone, e-mail, a letter or in person.
- Once a complaint is received, it shall be recorded by the Desk and accorded a case reference number to facilitate follow-up. A record of a complaint shall include the name and contact details of the customer, full details of the complaint including the date, as well as details of all communication with the customer and any actions to resolve the complaint.
- The complaint shall then be directed to the appropriate Officer within the Institute depending on the subject matter of the complaint.
- The Institute shall resolve all complaints within fifteen (15) days of receiving a complaint and written complaints shall be acknowledged promptly.
- Where the complaint cannot be resolved immediately, customers shall be informed of the aforementioned time frame at the time of making their complaint. Customers shall be informed of the progress of their complaint regularly, especially if there are any delays or changes to what has been agreed upon between the Desk and the customer.
- Where appropriate, customers who have had a complaint resolved shall be contacted at a later date to find out whether or not they are happy with how their complaint was handled.
- Where a complaint cannot be resolved by the foregoing complaint handling procedure, it shall be referred to the Managing Director and the customer shall be informed and given an amended time frame for resolution.
- The Desk shall report to Management on the complaints filed and their status on a monthly basis.